All-purpose cleaners come in handy when it comes to eliminating dirt and making your car’s interior and exterior impressive and fresh. There are numerous products within this category in the market today.
They come with varying features and handling capacity. Some can handle different, while others react vigorously on certain surfaces to even damage them. These products have their good and limitations too. This piece will look into some of the best all-purpose cleaning formulas for your car’s interior needs.
We will take you through their features, looking at their pros and cons too. It is important that you read through to absorb this vitally important information. Let’s not waste much of your time with words, and let’s dig deep into our products of focus. Here we go.
- Best All-Purpose Cleaner for Car Interior
- 1. Adam’s ECO All-Purpose Cleaner
- 2. Mothers Professional All-Purpose Cleaner
- 3. 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner
- 4. Griot’s Garage Interior Cleaner Gallon
- 5. 3D All-Purpose Cleaner
- 6. CarGuys Super Cleaner
- 7. Chemical Guys CLD_101 All Clean+ Citrus-Based All Purpose Super Cleaner, 1 Gal
- 8. Meguiar’s D10101 Detailer All-Purpose Cleaner
- Benefits and Limitations
- Factors to Consider When Buying An All-Purpose Cleaner for Interior Cleaning.
Best All-Purpose Cleaner for Car Interior
1. Adam’s ECO All-Purpose Cleaner
It is more of an exterior cleaner than it is for interior use but correctly serves both. Adam’s ECO All-Purpose Cleaner is a perfect solution for cleaning your polishing and buffing pads. If you are working on greasy surfaces or tires, you will be a bit disappointed as you will need to use a lot of this product.
This product is not ideal for aluminum or glass surfaces; hence you must avoid using it on such surfaces.
- It is an all-around cleaner for both exterior and interior use.
- This product has a fresh and pleasing scent meaning it can eliminate foul odor ling your car interior smelling nice.
- This cleaner contains no harmful elements; hence it is safe for the environment.
- It is ideal for cleaning-polishing and buffing pads.
- The product allows you to dilute it for gentler use; you can cut to a ratio of 5:1 with water.
- It is tough of dirt but gentle on the surface, allowing you to use it even on the delicate surface once diluted.
- It would be best if you had a lot of this product to clean a greasy surface.
- It is not a good idea to use this product on glass or aluminum.
2. Mothers Professional All-Purpose Cleaner
If you are working on a tight budget, this is the best choice as it is relatively cheaper than other cleaners on this list. For greasy surfaces, using higher concentrations is recommended; however, you need to use this product in lower concentrations on delicate surfaces.
This product has only seven reviews on Amazon, meaning that it is yet to achieve wide usage. Despite this, it is an all-around cleaner capable of handling all your interior cleaning in your home, car, and other places.
- Its prices are relatively affordable.
- It contains no harmful chemicals meaning that it is safe for use and good for the environment as it is also biodegradable.
- This product has a pleasant scent leaving the interior of your car smelling good.
- It is available in one to five-gallon jugs enough for all your cleaning needs.
- You can dilute this product in a 15:1 ratio.
- It comes as a concentrate.
- It is ideal for cleaning fabrics, vinyl upholstery, and carpets.
- This product may irritate eyes and skin once in contact, especially when it is not diluted.
- It has fewer reviews online, meaning that you can’t know whether it is worth it.
3. 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner
You will be amazed that this product is water-based; hence its pH is neutral, making it suitable for almost any cleaning. This product comes while it is ready to use, meaning that you don’t need to mix or dilute it. However, this does not allow you to dilute in varying strength, limiting it.
303 Multi-Surface Cleaner incorporates a boating pedigree making it ideal for cleaning canvas. It also comes with fabric brighteners, which will leave your fabric look as if it is new once you are done cleaning. This means that this product has an added advantage over its peers when cleaning upholstery and carpets.
- It incorporates fabric brighteners, which leaves surfaces clean and shiny.
- This product is water-based, meaning that its pH is neutral.
- It contains no greasy residue.
- The product comes in different size packages; you can pick from 16 oz, wipes, 32 oz spray bottles, or even 1-gallon if you have lots of cleaning.
- This product contains no fragrance.
- GoldEagle, a trusted brand and also the manufacture of TriNova, is behind this product.
- It comes with ultimate cleaning power making it one of the best cleaning formulas in the market.
- The product has a shortcoming when it comes to its diluting strength.
- You will be disappointed as it irritates your eyes.
4. Griot’s Garage Interior Cleaner Gallon
It ideal product if you have bulk work for your interior cleaning and it is relatively affordable. This product is aggressive on stains but gentle on the surface; however, it helps to have a spot kit regularly of impressive results.
- It leaves no residue on surfaces after cleaning.
- This product is gentle on surfaces.
- It ready to use and requires no mixing.
- This cleaner is packed in trigger spray bottles and gallon jugs.
- There are no traces of dye nor fragrance in its formula.
- It is safer to handle when compared to concentrates.
- It is expensive compared to using concentrates.
- You can’t vary strength for varying stains and surfaces.
- It irritates the eyes when there is contact.
5. 3D All-Purpose Cleaner
The cleaner is shipped as a concentrate allowing to dilute it to a ratio of 10:1 with water. It is instrumental in cutting grease and oil. If you are looking for an economical cleaner, this might be the right choice for you as its price is relatively low compared to other cleaners on this list.
- It comes as a concentrate and can be diluted to a ratio of 10:1 with water to achieve a gentler cleaning solution.
- Its safety data information is readily available on the internet.
- Its packaging includes trigger sprays bottles, five-gallon pails, and one-gallon jugs.
- This product is ideal for cleaning upholstery and carpets as it a good pre-spotter for these surfaces.
- The cleaner contains zero traces of fragrances.
- This product is biodegradable and VOC compliant, meaning that it is environmentally friendly.
- It is not ideal for cleaning glass surfaces.
- This product doesn’t have many reviews.
- This product can remove dye from leather, especially if in high concentrations.
- It irritates skin and eyes once it is in contact.
6. CarGuys Super Cleaner
If you are looking for a cleaner that you can use in almost all your surface cleaning, this is a perfect choice; you can use CarGuys Super Cleaner around your house, boat, car, and other surfaces. Kindly note that this product is not ideal for cleaning glass surfaces or dashboard panels.
It is a bit pricey, but it is worth every coin spend thanks to its cleaning effectiveness. The manufacturer is confident about the product giving buyers a guarantee allowing refunds if you are not happy with the product.
- It leaves no gloss during cleaning.
- This product is environmentally friendly.
- The manufacturer incorporates Nanotechnology.
- It comes with trigger spray bottles accompanied by one-gallon jugs.
- The manufactures guarantee refunds if you are not happy with the product.
- It does not contain ammonia or other hazardous chemicals; hence it is user-friendly.
- It is a professional.
- The product is expensive.
- It gets messy when it dries on the surface.
- It is not ideal for dashboard panels or glass.
7. Chemical Guys CLD_101 All Clean+ Citrus-Based All Purpose Super Cleaner, 1 Gal
The manufacturer did a fantastic job by formulating this product to ensure it foam and lifts dirt, penetrating even the hard-to-reach corners. It can be used in your car’s interior and is useful in exterior cleaning thanks to its formulation.
Chemical Guys All Clean+ allows you to dilute it in a ratio of 20:1. However, you will be disappointed in the process as the trigger spray bottle’s cap is not removable, making it difficult to dilute the product. This product is relatively affordable when compared to the previous cleaner.
- It comes with a fresh citric scent; hence it can remove foul odor.
- This product is all-natural formulated from a citrus-based formula.
- The cleaner comes with high foaming actions.
- Easy to use.
- It is eco-friendly and safe for use since it does not contain any harmful components.
- It has a high diluting capacity; it dilutes in a ratio of 20: 1 with water.
- It is not strong enough; hence you need to use more energy when scrubbing the surface.
- Its spray bottle’s caps are not removable, making it hard to dilute.
- There are have several complaints from users about defective or broken spray tops.
8. Meguiar’s D10101 Detailer All-Purpose Cleaner
It ideal for both interior and exterior applications, and it incorporates fabric softeners and brighteners with a foaming action that perfectly suits carpets and other interior surfaces. One of the drawbacks of using this product is that it leaves residues when left to dry on the surface; it is essential that you wipe the body once you’re cleaning.
- It is hipped as a concentrate.
- It leaves a pleasant and fresh scent after use.
- This product is designed with high foaming action to eliminate dirt.
- It is ideal for cleaning interior surfaces from carpet to upholstery and even vinyl.
- The concentrated can create various strengths for varying cleaning through diluting.
- It Is economical as it saves money.
- This product comes with optical brighteners and fabric softeners.
- This product is an eye and skin irritant, and you need to avoid contact, especially in high concentrations.
- It may damage the surface like leather when concentrated.
- It has a strong smell when it is not diluted.
- It leaves residues on the surface if it is not wiped correctly after cleaning.
Benefits and Limitations
There are many benefits of using these products to eliminate dirt either in your car, home, or other applications. This segment highlights some of the benefits and limitations of all-purpose cleaners.
- Most of them are useful in the elimination of dirt without damaging the surface.
- The majority of all-purpose cleaners that are user-friendly are focusing on protecting the environment.
- Cleaners that come as concentrate is efficient and effective, for they can be used on almost every surface once they are appropriately diluted,
- Most of this product doesn’t leave residue on surfaces during cleaning, meaning that you can clean your ride without worrying about stains caused by the cleaning formula.
- Most of these products are for both interior and exterior use, saving on shopping costs.
- The majority of all-purpose cleaners can clean regular dirt while removing it from light to moderate spotting and stains.
- Most of this product may require you to take some precautions, mainly when concentrating, as they irritate eyes and skin.
- Premixed cleaners don’t allow you to dilute; therefore, you can’t vary the strength.
- It is required that you spot test inconspicuous surfaces when using these products for the first time.
- Most of the cleaners in the market are not suitable for glass surfaces.
- They are mostly alkaline and may interfere with dye on leather; you need to be extra cautious when using them on a leather surface.
- They are not ideal for exterior paints as they may leave swirl marks on the surface.
Factors to Consider When Buying An All-Purpose Cleaner for Interior Cleaning.
The formulation of the cleaning formula is critical. An ideal cleaning solution should not contain harmful components that may put users at heart risks. You also need to settle for a friendly product to the environment; you must remember that we co-exist with our environment and that humanity’s future depends on a healthy environment.
Type of Surface.
It is apparent throughout the article that these products do not go well with all surfaces. For example, if you are dealing with leather, you need to buy a cleaner that will not damage your leather seat by removing its beautiful dye. Some cleaners do not work correctly on the aluminum surface. If you intend to clean glass surfaces, you will need to look for other alternatives.
Before buying a cleaning formula, you have to consider whether its price is within your financial means. These products come with different price tags; some are way too expensive while others are affordable. The fact that a product is expensive doesn’t assure its effectiveness; you can find a cheap product that works the same way as the pricey one or even better.
Is the product safe? At this age where counterfeit products are flooding the market, it is essential to be extra cautious. Always settle for a product that is safe for use. The right product will not put you at risk of getting sick. Avoid products that are not VOC compliant.
Most products in this category are all-run, but still, you need to go for a product that you can use in multiple cleaning. This will reduce shopping costs.
- The 7 Best Oil For Turbocharged Engines in 2021
- The 10 Best Spray Paint for Rusty Truck Frame in 2021
- The 8 Best Ov20 Synthetic Oil for Toyota
Riane Mohammed says
Thanks for your information! These tips will help me/us to keep my car clean and would be able to sell it at a good price. Keep up the good work! Keep writing. Riane Mohammed Ilaire
Luigi Smith says
So glad to help out Riane Mohammed Ilaire